- Volumetric blood collection device (5 strips, each capable of absorbing 30 ul of blood, for a total of 150 ul)
- (2) Alcohol swabs
- (2) Adhesive bandages
- (2) Lancets
- Sealable biohazard bag
- Desiccant pack
Instructions For Use
- Operator should wash their hands with warm water.
- Massage and/or shake to stimulate blood flow towards the collection area.
- Clean the collection area with an alcohol swab and puncture using a lancet.
- Create a large drop of blood. Then, touch a strip within the blood collection device to the blood drop and allow blood to fill the strip. Remove device, create another drop of blood, and repeat until the blood completely fills the strip and disappears from view.
- When all 5 strips within the collection device are full, bandage the collection area and set the device aside to dry for 2 hr at room temperature.
- After the blood is dry, close the blood collection device and place in a sealable biohazard bag with a desiccant pack and close securely. Keep package cool and dry until analysis.